ABTR NATIONAL LEADERSHIP AWARD
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATION
Purpose of Award
The purpose of the ABTR National Leadership Award is to recognize an ABTR (or former ARBE or NABTE) member for outstanding leadership and service to the national organization and the profession. The awardee will exemplify a commitment to promoting scholarship, leadership, and cooperation among professionals in education for business through leadership at the national level.
Who may qualify for the Award
The awardee may have served as an ABTR (or former ARBE or NABTE) national board member, an ABTR (or former ARBE or NABTE) national committee member, an editor or author of an ABTR (or former ARBE or NABTE) journal or publication.
Guidelines for the National Leadership Award
- A nationwide competition will be conducted each year.
- The award, which consists of an engraved plaque, will be presented at the Business Education Research Conference Awards Luncheon at the NBEA Convention.
- The nominee must document significant leadership at the national level (in ABTR, ARBE, NABTE, or combination) throughout his/her professional career.
Complete the Leadership Award application form below. Please include the nominee’s current vita/resume emphasizing leadership and service at the national level. Please ensure that the nomination form highlights contributions and the impact on ABTR. These files should be uploaded in pdf format.
Judging and Selecting the Awardee
A panel of three judges will be selected by the Awards Committee. Judges other than committee members may be selected to serve on the panel.
- Upon receipt of the applications, the panel of judges will evaluate and award point values to each of the items listed on the Judging Criteria and Rating Sheet.
- The nominee receiving the highest overall total points will be designated the awardee. In case of a tie, a second judging process will be conducted, and an awardee will be selected.
- The awardee will be notified by the ABTR National President.
- The awardee will be invited to attend the NBEA National Convention at which time the award plaque will be presented.
- The name of the awardee will be published on the ABTR and NBEA website.