Are you looking for a way to provide honor and national recognition to outstanding students in your business education program? Look no further. The National Business Honor Society (NBHS) is the perfect way to bring greater recognition to your students AND your business education program.
By starting a chapter of the NBHS, you will be able to promote and recognize your dynamic students’ academic achievement in business education at the secondary level.
Who’s eligible? Any high school junior or senior who has completed or is currently enrolled in his/her third business course and has a 3.0 (overall) and 3.5 (business course) GPA.
What school can start a chapter? Any public or independent secondary school offering business curriculum reflective of National Standards for Business Education is eligible to apply for a local chapter charter.
Start a chapter today. It’s so easy…you’ll be glad you did!
The National Business Honor Society is an official division of the National Business Education Association.
Questions? Contact us at NBHS@NBEA.org
Starting a chapter of NBHS is very easy. Follow these steps:
- Review the Start-up Kit. (See link below)
- Prepare local chapter bylaws using the sample chapter bylaws as a starting point. (See link below)
- Complete the charter application. (See link below)
- Submit the completed charter application, chapter bylaws, course descriptions and charter fee to NBEA Headquarters.
Remember, this is an ideal way to bring more recognition to your students and to your business education program. In these times when business education programs are closing due to funding cuts, make sure you do something to bring more life and promotion to your program. This is one way to bring a great deal of promotion and added value to your program.
Approval procedures will be held twice throughout the year. New charter applications must be received by October 1 or February 1. Please allow up to two months for completion of review of your charter application. If there are any discrepancies with the charter application, you will be notified. All discrepancies must be resolved within 30 days or the application will not be approved.
Documents and information for active chapters and establishing new chapters:
- Chapter Renewal Invoice (active chapters must download and complete this form and renew their chapter annually). Payment must be enclosed with renewal invoice by October 1 of each renewal year. All business teachers at the chapter's school must be active, paid NBEA members. Purchase orders for renewal fees are not accepted.
- New Member List for Certificates (EXCEL) (active chapters must download and complete this form whenever chapter member certificates are needed. Certificates will be provided only to new chapter members.)
- NBHS Insignia Order Form (active chapters may order NBHS insignia items for chapter members and advisers)